Monday, November 29, 2010

How to have a Thanksgiving dinner with Jesus

"Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them...Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me" (Mat. 25:37-40).

Recently, a friend shared with me a blessing that He received from having a homeless man in his home for Thanksgiving. This man, who was born in another country and came to the USA a few years ago, shared with my friend that the Thanksgiving dinner he had in his home was the first one he had ever had since coming to the USA. Upon hearing this my friend was overcome with divine joy. Jesus said that what we do to the "least of these" we do to Him. In other words what my friend did for the homeless man he was doing to Jesus.

The Psalmist wrote concering being in the Lord's presence, "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore" (Psalms 16:11). Through the loving act of my friend he was welcoming another guest (Jesus) to the dinner table. And the joy my friend experienced was the sweet fellowship of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...