Friday, July 1, 2011

Can't buy me love

"If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house he would be utterly despised" (Song of Solomon 8:7b ).

Recently, I read of a rich man who stated that one of the sad things about being rich was that it was difficult for him to find a loving companion whose main reason for being interested in him was not his money. He knew that a love that money can buy isn't true love. Therefore he desired a companion that would desire "him" not his money.

The Beatles had it right when they sang, "Say u don't need no diamond rings and I'll be satisfied, Tell me that you want those kinds of things that money just can't buy, I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love, Can't buy me love, love, Can't buy me love." The beloved in the Song of Solomon declared, "My beloved is mine, and I am his" (2:16). In the same way God desires for you to know that he loves you, that you belong to him and He belongs to you. Give those you love what money can't buy, namely yourself. Elizabeth, I am yours and you are all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...