Sunday, October 24, 2010

We need to know that a prophet has been among us.

"Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel. So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll. And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness... Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, all my words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears. And go, get thee to them of the captivity, unto the children of thy people, and speak unto them, and tell them, Thus saith the Lord GOD" (Eze. 3:1-3,10).

When Ezekiel spoke God's word the people,(whether they took heed to it or not), knew that a prophet had been among them. Ezekiel spoke powerfully for God because he spent time alone listening to the voice of God. "Whoever will listen will hear the speaking Heaven. This is definitely not the hour when men take kindly to an exhortation to listen, for listening is not today a part of popular religion. We are at the opposite end of the pole from there. Religion has accepted the montrous heresy that noise, size, activity and bluster make a man dear to God. But we may take heart. To a people caught in the tempest of the last great conflict God says, "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10), and still He says it, as if He means to tell us that our strength and safety lie not in noise but in silence" (A.W. Tozer). The great prophets of God where not just men who spoke for God, but first and foremost they where men who listened to His voice. May we have hearts that are forever like the heart of Samuel who said, "Speak, for thy servant heareth." (1 Sam. 3:12).

Pray regularly for your Pastor to have ears to hear God's voice and to deliver God's message with power from on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...