Monday, July 18, 2011

God is watching over His word to perform it

"And the word of the LORD came to me saying, 'Jeremiah, what do you see?' And I said, 'I see an almond branch.' The LORD said to me, 'You have seen well, for I am watching over my word to perform it'" (Jer 1:11).

Before God gave Jeremiah a vision, He asked him, "what do you see." And Jeremiah responded, "I see an almond branch." What is the significance of this vision? An almond tree was the first tree to bud in the spring, it was said to "watch for the spring." Using that well known analogy in Jeremiah's day to focus his thoughts, the Lord responded, 'You have seen well, for I am watching over my word to perform it.'

Like an almond tree that was the first to welcome the spring, to watch over it, the Lord is watching over his word to fulfill it in the lives of his people. Now this can mean blessing or judgment depending on whether or not we are walking according to His word or contrary to it. God is watching over his word. Everything that He says he will perform. Every promise He makes he will fulfilled. Don't stray from his precepts, stand on His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...