Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Peace is not the absence of trouble bu the presence of Jesus

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27). We live in a world where trouble, trials and even tragedy exist. Two days ago I stood next to a mother who had to identify her sons body at the morgue after he was killed in a car crash. Life is hard sometimes and becoming a Christian doesn't exempt anyone from having to go through some hard times no matter what some of those T.V. preachers say. Jesus said, "In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" (John 16:33). In a world of uncertainties Jesus promised his followers peace. The peace that He gives is not the absence of trouble but his presence in the midst to carry us through. Like a father holding a scared child, your heavenly father will hold you up and bring calmness to your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...