Monday, September 3, 2012

Give yourself to prayer

"Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise; For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue...and fought against me without a cause. For my love they r my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer. And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love." (Ps 109:1-5).

The Psalmist was is deep distress because of the adversity that he was experiencing from his adversaries. What made it extra hard on him was that those he loved, served, and cared for mistook his acts of love as being against them. As a result, they rewarded him evil for good. His response to these heart wrenching trials was, in his words, "...but I give myself unto prayer." A wise woman once said, "there is no panic in heaven, only plans." R u going through an incredibly hard time right now? Give yourself to prayer. God will see u all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...