Friday, March 18, 2011

"...Let him do to me as seemeth good unto him"

"And the king said unto Zadok, Carry back the ark of God into the city: if I shall find favour in the eyes of the LORD, he will bring me again, and shew me both it, and his habitation: But if he thus say, I have no delight in thee; behold, here am I, let him do to me as seemeth good unto him" (2 Sam. 15:25).

When David's son Absalom conspired to usurp his throne, David fled from Jerusalem. And when the Levites fled with him bearing the ark of the covenant he advised them to carry back the ark into Jerusalem. He believed the ark belonged in Jerusalem. David didn't view the ark as a lucky charm that you carry around in order to bring God's blessings on your actions and schemes. David didn't come up with a plan that seemed good to him and tried to get God to go along with it. Instead, David entrusted himself to whatever seemed good to God.

"How blessed to be able to say, as we go forth to meet our Father's will, Behold, here am I! and to look beyond the plottings and machinations of our enemies to One who loves us infinitely" (F B Meyer). Trust that whatever God wills for you is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...