Friday, June 29, 2012

Leave your water pot behind you

"So the woman left her water jar and went away into town and said to the people, 29 "Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did. Can this be the Christ?" (John 4:28-29).

Notice that after the woman at the well had an encounter with Jesus she left her water jar behind and went back into town to tell others about what Jesus had done in her life. Why did she leave the water jar behind? Was she so excited about meeting the one who gives "living water" that she had forgotten why she came to the well in the first place? Perhaps, but more then likely she wanted so bad to tell others about what Jesus had done for her that she left the water jar behind so that it would not slow her down. There are so many spiritual applications (if you see one please share) that we can make here, but I will just focus on one. Sometimes we hold on to people, places or things so tightly, which might not be a sin in and of itself that it hinders us from doing what God is calling us to do. Jesus saves, sanctifies and satisfies by his grace power and love. He is our fountain of living water that never runs dry. We were created and saved to enjoy searching the depths of his ocean of love. We were also saved to share his love and spread his fame to all nations. Leave the water jar behind, serve the cause of Christ and he will do in and through you what only he can. It will be worth it all when we see Jesus.

Whatever It Takes

There's a voice calling me, from an old rugged tree
And He whispers draw closer to me
Leave this world far behind, There are new heights to climb
And a new place in Me you will find

And whatever it takes, to draw closer to You Lord That's what I'd be wiling to do And whatever it takes, to be more like you That's what I'd be willing to do

Take my houses and lands, Take my dreams and my plans. I place my who life in Your hands. And if you call me someday, To a land far away, Lord, I'll go and Your will obey.

And whatever it takes to draw closer to You, Lord, That's what I'll be willing to do. And whatever it takes for my will to break, That's what I'll be willing to do.

TAKE THE DEAREST THINGS TO ME, IF THAT'S HOW IT MUST BE TO DRAW ME CLOSER TO THEE LET THE DISSAPOINTMENTS COME,LONELY DAYS WITHOUT THE SUN IF THROUGH SORROW MORE LIKE YOU I'LL BECOME.

And whatever it takes to draw closer to You, Lord, That's what I'll be willing to do. And whatever it takes for my will to break, That's what I'll be willing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...