Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Order My steps Lord and I'll do your blessed will

"Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me" (Psalm 119:133).

People often ask the question, "What is God's will for my life? But an even more important question we need to ask ourselves with regularity is, "Lord, what wilt thou have me to do today?" When Paul encountered Jesus on the road to Damascus he asked, "Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?" And the Lord, rather then giving him a detailed plan for his life, said, "Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do" (Acts 9). Paul did have a general understanding that he was to preach the gospel to the gentiles, but Paul did not know how that was all going to play out ahead of time. In fact, it wasn't until a few years later that Paul received direction from the Lord about going on his first missionary journey. What Paul did know to do when he first encountered the Lord was to go into the city of Damascus. After praying and fasting for 3 days Paul would encounter a disciple of Jesus named Ananias, who Jesus also gave direction to about meeting up with Paul. This encounter was another step in how God would direct Paul's life. I think many r missing out on what God wants them to do today because they're trying to figure out what God's will is for their whole life first. God's will for your life is discovered as u seek for God to lead u one day at a time. Let God order your life one step and one day at a time.

Brooklyn Tabernacle sings a song titled, "Order my Steps." This song has encouraged my heart and I believe it will bless you too.

Order my steps in Your word, dear Lord
Lead me, guide me everyday
Send your anointing Father, I pray
Order my steps in Your word
Please order my steps in Your word

(Repeat Chorus)

Humbly I ask Thee, teach me Your will
While You are working help me be still
Though Satan is busy, God is real
Order my steps in Yor word
Please order my steps in Your word

Bridle my tongue, let my words edify
Let the words of my mouth be acceptable in Thy sight
Take charge of my thoughts both day and night
Order my steps in Your Word
Please order my steps in Your word

Bridge
I Want to walk worthy, my calling to fulfill
Please order my steps, Lord
And I'll do Your blessed will
The world is ever changing
But You are still the same
Please order my steps, Lord
I'll praise Your name

Order my steps- In Your Word
Order my tongue- In Your Word
Guide my feet- In Your Word
Wash my heart- In Your Word
Show me how to walk- In Your Word
Show me how to talk- In Your Word
When I need a brand new song to sing
Show me how to let Your praises ring
In Your Word, in Your Word
Please order my steps in Your Word (2xs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...