Monday, October 11, 2010

Do you have full access in your prayer life?

"Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered" (1 Pet. 3:7).

On more then one occasion I've picked up my cell phone to make a call and was redirected to the AT&T billing department. We had failed to pay our bill. Now it didn't matter how urgent the call was, unless I paid my bill I wasn't going to be able to make a call. When there's an unpaid balance on my account I only have one kind of call to make and that call requires taking responsibility for my overdue balance.

God is full of grace and mercy. But if we call on Him in prayer with an unpaid balance called sin on our account the call is going to get redirected. You see God is more concern with our holiness then he is our happiness. When there's unconfessed and unforsaken sin in our lives we have only one seven digit number to call and that number is, 1 JOHN 1:9. When you call that number you will get immediately directed to the throne of grace where the balance due on your account will be remitted free of charge. In fact both the balance on your account and the call are both paid for in full by the blood of Jesus Christ. Once that balance is taken care of then you can continue to call on the power of God for all your needs with unlimited access and with the promise that he can do exceeding abundantly above all that you ask or think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...