Monday, October 18, 2010

Kings and Priest unto God

"John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen" (Rev. 1:4-6).

Through the blood of Jesus that has washed us from our sins we have been made kings and priest unto God. The term king speaks of authority and the term priest speaks of access. Through the blood of Jesus we have authority and access unto God. But this authority and access that we have is not so that we can advance our kingdom but in order to advance the kingdom of God. As kings unto God we have authority and power to carry out God's kingdom agenda on this earth. As Priest every child of God has direct access to God in prayer in order to obtain mercy, grace and all that we need to accomplish our Lord's business. (Hebrews 4:16).

It's important to note that John the revelator writes that through the blood we've been made kings by the king of kings. I'm a Chicago Police Officer and as such I've been given the authority to exercise power in the performance of my duties. I did not make myself a law enforcement Officer and neither did I give myself the authority that I have as a police officer. I was made an officer by a power greater than myself. And as long as I'm under the authority above me, I'll have authority and power to enforce the laws over the jurisdiction under me. Adrian Rogers use to say, "You'll never be over that which God has put under you until you are under that which God has put over you." We have Christians today going around pleading the blood of Jesus like it's some magic formula to get want they want from God but they are not under the authority of God and those he has placed over them. James wrote, "Submit yourself to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you" (James 4:8; Hebrews 13:17; 1 Peter 5:5).

As a police Officer I also have access to call for back and resources to serve and protect those that I've been called to serve. As Christians that our living to serve the jurisdiction that God has assigned to us we have access to call on God through prayer for all that we need to carry out our divine assignment. If you are a Christian you are a king and a priest unto God. Therefore "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness all these things (all your needs) shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...