Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hold on to Hope

"I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord" (Psalm 40:1-3).

A man fell into a narrow hole that was muddy at the bottom and began to cry out for help. Another man passing by above heard his cries for help, and dropped a rope saying, "Tie it around your waist." The man said, "I fell in this narrow hole with my arms above my head and I can't bring them down to tie the rope around my waist." The man up above said, "Alright then, just hold on to the rope." When the man above began to pull on the rope, the man below, with his feel stuck in the mud yelled, "Stop! It hurts when you pull." The man above said, "Hold on to the rope even if it hurts. I'm going to get you out of here. Keep holding on. Don't let go even if it hurts."

No matter how horrible the pit or how deep the mud you are in, hold on to the sure hope that God is going to pull you through. Cry out to God, wait patiently for him with confident trust and he will lift you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...