Friday, March 4, 2011

Even when we wander he comes for us.

"The three oldest sons of Jesse had followed Saul to the battle...but David went back and forth from Saul to feed his father's sheep..." (1 Sam. 17:14-15).

When Samuel was sent by God to the house of Jesse to anoint the next King, Jesse's seven sons were brought to him. While Samuel searched for the next king among them, God's choice (Jesse's youngest son David) was out keeping his father's sheep. The bible records more than once that when somebody was looking for David he was out tending to the sheep. Even after he became the armor bearer to King Saul David continued to travel back and forth to care for his father's sheep. And on more than one occasion the bible records that David risked his life to protect the sheep entrusted to his care. Knowing what it means to care for sheep David wrote, "The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want." God will never cease caring for his sheep.

Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd" (John 10:11-15). Even when we wander the good shepherd comes for us. Praise His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...