Thursday, July 15, 2010

I must be about my Father's business

"And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? Knew ye not that I must be about my Father's business?" (Luke 2:49) While traveling back from Jerusalem with family and friends, Joseph, and Mary discovered that their 12 year old (Jesus) was not in their company. After searching for him among their family to no avail, they returned to Jerusalem to try and find him there. After three days they found him in the temple listening and speaking to the teachers of the Word of God. When they saw him Mary said to him, "Behold thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing." Jesus responded, "How is it that ye sought me? Knew ye not that I must be about my Father's business?" Do you ever feel like something is missing in your life? Do you ask, why don't I experience more of the power and presence of Jesus in my life? Maybe you're searching in the wrong places. Get busy doing the Father business and you'll find Him there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...