Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Save, Sanctified and Sent

"I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world" (John 17:14-18).

In the real Lord's prayer Jesus prays for those who are not of the world. Those who are not of the world are those who have trusted Jesus as savior and Lord. Jesus wasn't just praying for his disciples. In verse 20 he prayed, "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word." If you are a believer Jesus' prayer applies to you as well.

Notice also that Jesus prayed that as the father has sent him into the world even so has Jesus sent us (the saved) into the world. Do you live your life with a consciousness that you have been sent by Jesus into the world as God sent Jesus into the world? Jesus said, "My meat is to do the will of Him that sent me." Jesus said that He came to "seek and the lost." Every morning that we wake we need to be reminded that the reason we are still breathing God's air--the reason why we are still on this earth is because we have been sent by Jesus to do the will of God. Live as a sent one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...