Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Must I empty handed go.

"For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?" (1 Thess 2:19).

Soon and very soon we are going to see the king. The coming of the Lord draweth nigh (James 5:8). Are you ready to meet him? Are you ready to stand in the presence of the Lord? Paul said that his hope, his joy and crown of rejoicing was to see those he preached the gospel to, those he ministered to in the presence of the Lord at his coming. When we see Jesus face to face all the earthly cares and the possessions that many of us live for will mean nothing in the light of the glory of our savior. The only thing that will matter to us on that day is what we have done with the great salvation that we have received while on the earth. As the old hymn goes, "Must I go in empty handed, must I meet my savior so, Not one soul with which to greet him, Must I empty handed go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...