Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oh what a friend we have in Jesus, but does Jesus have a friend in you.

"And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend..." (Ex. 33:11).

When I first set up my Face Book page I vowed that I would never end up with 2000 friends. I guess the reason that I thought that way is because I take the concept of a friend a little more seriously then others do. Now, I must admit that I've not been as selective as I set out to be and have confirmed some face Book friend request under duress. Do you know that God takes the concept of a friend very seriously? He was very selective about who he called his friends. God's Face Book page (the word of God) list or names the following biblical characters as His friends: Abraham (2 Chron 20:7), Moses (Ex. 33:11, John the baptist (John 3:29) Lazarus (John 11:11), and the 12 Apostles (John 15:15). Jesus called Judas Iscariot a friend (Matthew 26:50). It's seems strange that Judas would make the list but the reason that he did was not because Judas was a friend to Jesus, but because Jesus was a friend to him.

Jesus said, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." Jesus laid down His life for us all and saves those that put their trust in Him. "There's not a Friend like the lowly Jesus: No, not one! no, not one!" He's a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. He was faithful unto death and all who trust him will never be lost. Oh what a friend we have in Jesus, but does Jesus have a friend in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...