Monday, January 31, 2011

When God says no

"I pray thee, let me go over, and see the good land that is beyond Jordan, that goodly mountain, and Lebanon. 26 But the LORD was wroth with me for your sakes, and would not hear me: and the LORD said unto me, Let it suffice thee; speak no more unto me of this matter" (Deut. 3:25-26).

As the children of Israel prepared to enter the promise land, Moses prayed to God to allow him to pass over the Jordan that he might see the promise land. God had previously prohibited Moses from entering the land due to his disobedience. But Moses, who had an intimate relationship with God, and knowing that He was a forgiving God, asked to be given permission to see the land. But the Lord would not permit it and said, "speak no more unto me of this matter." He went on to tell Moses to focus on encouraging and preparing Joshua his successor to be Israel's new leader.

Are you praying about something that God has already said no to you about? Maybe you’re praying for a relationship you desire to have with someone. Maybe you’re praying for a certain job or a new position. And you’re so focused on what you want from God that it feels like your life is on hold. Well, maybe God has already given you an answer and that answer is no. Sometimes God's no means not now or wait. But there are times like in the case of Moses that his no means no and it’s time for you to move on. Sometimes God says, “Let it suffice thee; speak no more unto me of this matter." God has something else for you. Trust that God's will for your life is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...