Wednesday, May 25, 2011

God is more concern with your holiness than your happiness

"Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon u. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord." (Proverbs 1:24-28).

I read a story about a woman who mocked the Faith of her neighbor, who occasionally invited her to her church. One day when the woman was going through some difficulties, she said, "I'm going to pray to this God my neighbor keeps talking to me about." When it appeared that God did not answer her, she became angry. When she saw her neighbor she said, "If your God is real, why didn't he answer my prayer like you claim he does?" Her neighbor responded, "Perhaps He was busy taking care of His regular customers."

When you pray keep in mind that God is more concern with your holiness than He is your happiness. Are you walking in the fear of the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...