Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wait on the Lord

"Show me thy ways, O LORD, and teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day" (Psalm 25:4-5).

There are many blessings promised to those who learn to wait on the Lord. For example, in Ps. 27:14 the Psalmist exhorted, "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." What does it mean to wait on the Lord. After the Psalmist prayed for God to show him His ways, teach him His path, and lead him in His truths, he said confidently, "for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."

To wait upon the Lord means that we do not make a move until we are sure that we have clear direction from God. And we do that first of all by knowing what God's Word says. God will never lead us to do something that contradicts his word. When we wait on the Lord we do so by also trusting that his way is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...