Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another..." (Job 19:25-27).

When Job said the above words he was going through some heavy trials and tribulations. And what made it worse for him was that he had three friends that, rather than lifting him up and encouraging him, kicked him while he was down. Its been said that the Christian army is the only army that shoots its wounded. That statement contains much hyperbole, but there is certainly some truth to it. And it was certainly true of Job's friends. Job called them miserable comforters and God agreed with him. Its good to have good friends who will help carry our burdens but we can't always depend upon others. Thankfully Job did not totally have to rely on his friends and neither do we. Despite Job's severe trials and his unsympathetic friends, he could say with great confidence, "For I know my redeemer liveth...Whom I shall see for myself."

If you've been born again you too can say with great hope and confidence, "My redeemer lives." The author of Hebrews wrote of our redeemer and savior Jesus Christ, "Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:25)." Are you going through tough times right now? Your redeemer lives! He's seated on the throne of heaven making intercession for you. He will see you through and one day you will see him face to face and declare, "it was worth it all."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...