Friday, May 6, 2011

I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food"

"Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food" (Job 23:12).

What kind of testimony do you have before God? Job had a testimony that God could brag about and that put the devil to shame. Concerning Job, the Lord said to Satan, "Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" Job was not sinless but he was blameless. There was not an area in his life where Satan could accuse him of dishonoring God.

What kept Job from backsliding away from God. Job said, "I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food." There is absolutely no way that we can keep from backsliding unless we recognize that as food is vital to the nourishment of our bodies, the word of God is even more vital to the nourishment of our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...