Thursday, May 5, 2011

when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold

"Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him: But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold" (Job 23:8-9).

Job was on top of the world until suddenly his life was turned upside down. While Job was in this furnace of affliction God seemed awfully silent. But God's silence does not mean His absence." Job knew that God was not unaware or unconcerned about what he was going through, but was using it to purify his life.

Whether we like it or not our faith is strengthen not so much in prosperity, but in adversity. God allows adversity in our lives for our ultimate good and His glory.

It been said that when God puts His own people into the furnace, He keeps His eye on the clock and His hand on the thermostat. He knows how long and how much." Trust him to bring you through shining forth like gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Protect your Children from Shame

Don’t  Protect your Children from Shame   Over the years, I’ve heard many sermons and read many articles suggesting that feeling shame is ha...